Click the button above to learn more! A GED® can improve job opportunities and result in higher income. Visit this link to see median weekly earnings with or without a GED® or high school diploma, and with some college or a degree. If you’re thinking of furthering your education, the U.S. Bureau of Labor has many articles and statistics on employment outlook and careers for a variety of education levels.
- GED® classes are for students 16 years of age and older.
- 16 and 17-year-olds must have a release from their high school to attend classes.
- General Education Development (GED®) classes develop the skills needed to pass the four subjects of the GED® test (Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies).
- Each class uses different teaching techniques which focus on skill-building in work and life contexts.
- Pre-College classes are for students 16 years of age and older with a high school diploma or GED® transitioning to college.
- Pre-College classes help students:
- Prepare for or improve scores on college placement tests.
- Develop reading comprehension skills and strategies.
- Renew or increase math skills.
- Develop writing composition and grammar skills.
New Program for 2022-2023!
GET YOUR GED – LIVE & WORK ON CAMPUS
Our Pre-College Program received a special grant this year allowing us to provide housing, work experience, career and academic counseling, and more for students who qualify.
- Student must be 18.
- Student must be able to pass a background check and adhere to residence hall expectations.
- Student will work on campus or in the community while studying.
- Student should intend to continue studies at CGCC after completing their GED.
- Student will receive Academic and Career counseling.
For more information and to apply for our Live, Study, Work Program, contact our GED Advisor Anne Kelly at email@example.com, 541-288-3665.