SNAP Training & Employment Program
Education & Career Resources for SNAP Recipients
For those receiving SNAP benefits (formally known as Food Stamps), STEP is a free and voluntary program aimed at helping students accomplish their education and career goals. We offer resources, support, and coaching tailored to your needs. School is hard enough, we want to help make it easier.
STEP Services & Resources
Whether you’re going after your GED, strengthening your English skills, pursuing a certificate, or enrolled in specialized training, we offer many avenues of service to help you accomplish your goals. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Housing & Utilities
- Tuition & Fees not covered by financial aid
- Textbooks & Tools needed for class
- Transportation & Gas Cards
- 1-on-1 coaching to assess and target goals
Who is Eligible
There are three main requirements to participate in STEP. You must be:
1) Receiving SNAP benefits.
2) Interested in or currently pursuing specific education, training, or employment opportunities. This includes GED tests and building your English skills. These programs are targeted to help you accomplish career goals quickly and within one year of joining.
3) A resident of Oregon.
Unfortunately, those receiving TANF benefits are not eligible, however, other resources are available. Please connect with us for more details.
Ready to sign-up? Please fill out our interest form and a staff member will follow up with you shortly. Once we receive your form, we’ll schedule to meet with you for a one-on-one session so we can get to know you better, learn more about your goals, and see how our program can help you best.
Office: (541) 506-6245
Cell: (541) 300-7709